Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"The Quest for a Nest" ***Sold***




Oil on Canvas

20 x 24

June '07


This is something I began painting with a vision, and once again it took a different turn. I visited an Art Gallery on Marshall Way in Scottsdale recently- It was a contemporary gallery that had a series of paintings on display. The artist took a canvas and divided it into sections in which he painted a different abstract scene in each. I started with that idea, but then I was looking at my "Accidentally Meant to Be" painting sitting next to me as I painted and it influenced the outcome. I typically start out with a clear picture in my head of what I want a painting to look like, but the focus always goes astray, and the outcome is completely different than what I expect, this is what makes painting exciting for me- the fact that I can't even predict myself!

No comments: